Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was exactly what I needed. We relaxed all weekend. Saturday we slept in (thank you Alex), got up, Josh made breakfast then he started working on the car. I sat outside (in the garage) with Alex in my a lap and a fan on us. She was so happy to be outside, she didn't care how hot it was. Nothing calms that girl like being outside! We took frequent breaks to come inside so she didn't get too hot. It's kinda sad, but I can't even remember what we did Saturday afternoon and evening. I'm sure it revolved around eating and watching the Olympics. :)

Yesterday we kinda slept in again, but this time Alex joined us in bed. I love having her in bed with us but I've realized I can only have her in there when it is light outside. I have this fear that I am going to fall asleep and roll over on her or something since I can't see her in the dark.

The past few days, I have been waking up in the middle of the night in a panic thinking I lost the baby. It's so weird. I wake up cradling a pillow then I immediately feel around the bed thinking Alex is there somewhere. Then I realize that I am my bed and she is in hers. I think these middle of the night feedings are getting to me. Sometimes I don't even remember putting her back in her crib and walking back to our bedroom. It's a little scary!

Anyway, Josh went with Tracy to Houston to pick up the furniture for their nursery. I stayed home with Alex while she napped for a few hours. I headed to Tracy and Katie's a few hours later. I walked in the door and their dining room was completely full of baby stuff from her showers. Since the furniture wasn't in, she didn't put hadn't put anything in the nursery. The guys got there with the furniture and set it up while we got dinner together. After dinner, we started watching tv. I was dying to help Katie start putting the nursery together, so we ended up rearranging furniture then we started going through the gifts in the dinning room. OMG, there was so much freaking stuff. We made piles of stuff to be washed, bathroom things, diapers and wipes, stuff for the kitchen and toys. It was so much fun! I love baby stuff!

We also tried out the Fisher Price Zen bouncer Katie had. Since Alex hates the swing, I wanted to to try the vibrating bouncer thing to see what she thought about it. She seemed pretty content it in, I think we may have to get one! Katie is on her last 4 days of work. She is hoping Abby waits at least 2 weeks to make her appearance so she can have a week off of work to make sure everything is in order. I secretly want her to have her now so we can all meet Alex's new BFF!

Coopie update: my boy is back. He has been a little on edge since Alex got here. He used to sleep with us and now he sleeps on the floor. Last night he was his old self. I got in bed and he was warming up my spot so I snuggled up to him and he stated there! He usually takes that as his hint to get on the floor. He put his head on my pillow and stayed there for about 10 minutes. If I stopped petting him he would lick my hand until I started up again. He was so cute! I forgot how much I missed my sweet boy. I know it has been hard on him since Alex got her because he was no longer the center of our attention, but I think things are starting to settle down and our lives are returning to somewhat of a normal state.

No comments: