Monday, August 31, 2009

At the lake

I've been a bad blogger, but I have an excuse! I fried the motherboard on my laptop about a week and a half ago so the laptop is out of commission for now. I usually blog while the girls nap, but Abby sleeps in the office where the desktop is so it's made it kinda hard to update the blog. On a good note, my house is always clean, the dishes are always done, I've been on top of the laundry and I read a book since I'm not on the computer while the girls nap! Josh is considering not fixing the laptop now! Lol, I'm kidding...I think!

In the last week Alex has been walking more and more! She walks about 75% of the time now! She is a great little helper. She loves handing me things when I ask for them and she tries to help put stuff away when I am cleaning up!

We went to my parents for the weekend. We were planning on going Saturday, but in the end decided it would be better to go Friday. When we are away from home, the first night is usually bad while Alex gets adjusted to her new surroundings. We figured if we spent 2 nights there, we'd at least have one good night of sleeping! We were right. We left the house around 6 and got to my parents around 9 and Alex stayed awake the entire trip. She stayed up until 10 or so then cried and cried when we put her down. Josh held her until she fell asleep around 10:30 then put her in the pack and play. She woke up a little after 2 screaming and crying. I went in to calm her down, she was fine as long as I was holding her, as soon as I'd try to put her back down she cried. I ended up sleeping on one of the beds in her room until 7:30. Her first nap of the day pretty much went the same way. I ended up laying on the bed with her until she fell asleep, then I left her surrounded by pillows and checked on her every few minutes to make sure she wasn't awake. I was worried about her trying to get off the bed when she woke up. After that, she was great with her naps and bedtime. Our trip home was the same, we left around 5 and got home by 8 and she stayed wide awake the whole time and started getting really frustrated and antsy. Since we have turned her car seat around, she pretty much will not sleep in the car.
With that being said, we decided to fly to California after all. I'm not going to lie, I was not looking forward to being in the car for 20-something hours and the more active Alex gets, the more we realized the trip would probably end in tears and frustration from everyone! We were able to get a great deal on airfare so now I am really looking forward to going to California!


I am looking forward to a relaxing week before the weekend. We are heading to the lake again next weekend to see Josh's parents, then coming home Sunday for Abby's birthday party and maybe a relaxing Monday since Josh is off!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it that you finally got back to us!!! Loved seeing you guys and of course Alex. she's getting so independent that she just wants to walk. it was a good thing i couldn't carry her this weekend or i probably would have frustrated her! lol !!! remind her that she is my "drop of golden sun" love seeing Josh always hugging and kissing her!
xoxoxo
nomi

Amy Hall said...

I love the pictures on this post! Wonderful!