Monday, March 15, 2010

Our Weekend!

We had such a fun weekend! It started Friday night when I went out for a lingerie shower/bachelorette party. We went out to Northgate, the big college bar area. I've never been and I realized why Friday night. The bride to be is in her early 20's as were most of her friends. After drinks and gifts, we went to a few bars. At one bar the guy at the door actually looked at my ID and asked if it was really my ID!?!? Really, if I was a college kid using a fake ID to get into a bar, it would not say I'm 30! I just felt old, but I had a good time!

Saturday, we went to Nathan and Mandi's wedding. It was smack in the middle of Alex's nap time so we put her down for an early nap and crossed our fingers that she wouldn't melt down during the festivities. She was super antsy at the ceremony so Josh took her to the atrium to run around so she didn't disrupt the wedding. Alex had a BLAST at the reception. She loved being on the dance floor. We had to hold her so she wouldn't interrupt the first dances. There was another little girl a couple of years older that Alex loved playing and dancing with. She totally hammed it up. At one point, the photographer bent down to take a picture of them together, Alex noticed it, pushed the other girl away so she wouldn't be in the pic and smiled for the camera. Total cheese ball! When they started the dollar dance, Alex walked up to Nathan and put her hands up so he could pick her up to dance. It was the cutest thing ever! We went to dinner with Mark and Veronica when we left. Alex wouldn't eat any shrimp until we gave her cocktail sauce to dip them in. She eats soooo much better if she can dip her food in stuff.

We all slept in Sunday morning, thank you time change, then had a late breakfast. After breakfast, we went to Lowes. Alex loves looking at all the flowers. We picked out some flowers for the beds in the front. We literally spent an hour digging out bulbs that I planted 2 years ago. They don't bloom anymore, but they still sprout grass like leaves all year long. I swear, I planted like 20 and they multiplied. I promised to never plant bulbs again! Alex had so much fun outside. She was such a busy body moving dirt from pot to pot, picking up leaves, playing with mulch and smelling the flowers. She learned how to open the front door and decided to let Cooper out, then she kept going in and out and in and out.

I didn't take one picture all weekend, but we spent more time outside today and I took a ton of pics. Alex and I picked up Subway, then picked up Josh and went to the park for lunch. Since I already know my kiddo hates lunch meat, I got her a pizza from Subway. She loved it...Josh and I thought it was kinda gross, but oh well, she ate a 1/4 of it!
After she woke up from her nap, we went out front to play some more! Alex decided it was sooo much more fun to have Coopie outside with us!

Free At Last!

my baby looks like such a big girl here!




taking a break to smell the flowers

Cooper begging to be let outside!
laughing at Daddy




tantrum because we wouldn't let her go play with the big girls


2 comments:

Amy L said...

Love the new pics! Love her laughing at her Daddy, so cute!

Anonymous said...

so cute!! she really does being outside doesn't she?!?!
loved the wedding stories!!!
nomi