Friday, October 7, 2011

Round Top

Sorry, I've been in a blah mood about blogging! Last week my mom came for a visit. She came up Wednesday evening. Alex woke up from her nap in a foul mood and didn't even want to know who was here to see her. She buried her head in my shoulder and refused to look up. I turned around so her head was facing my mom. The second she was her, she practically threw herself out of my arms and into my moms. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

Thursday we had a plan. My sweet Josh worked half a day. We all got up and got ready and he was on Alex duty. He took her to school and picked her up while my mom and I went to Round Top. It was very overwhelming because there is sooo much stuff to see. We drove through town taking it all in and making mental notes of placed we wanted to stop. We picked a little outdoor area first. I bought a super cute necklace and adorable hand painted Halloween decor. Mom bought me another piece I absolutely LOVED! Alex loved the witch and named her Blink.

We hopped in the car and drove to another outdoor area where I found a retro looking silver covered cake carrier. I love it, it just needs a little clean up and shine!

We made 2 more stops to eat and shop some more. It was CRAZY hot and we were both getting pretty worn out so we called it a day after a few hours and headed home! It was soo much fun to spend the day shopping with my mom! Josh loved taking Alex to school and has even offered to pick her up from school once a week on his lunch break and bring her home to me. Here are a few pics from our day!

my super cute pumpkin, it is an old heater

Blink the witch, painted on a suitcase

I have no idea why I was soo hot...
maybe it had something to do with the old teddy bear
like coat I insisted on trying on!

crazy stuff...this dragon was about 8 feet tall. I sent Josh a pic and asked if I could get him...
he said no! haha

crazy sequined coronation dress for $3500? I'll pass!

No comments: