Thursday, July 29, 2010

Splash Day

Candice and I met for a music class with the girls last week. They loved it! Because we had conflicts Tuesday and Wednesday we were only able to make it to the Thursday classes. This Thursday was the end of the summer session so it was a splash day! Alex had soo much fun! The class will pick back up in the Fall so we are looking forward to it!
A few of Candice's friends and their daughters met us there then we all headed to Candice's for lunch and a play date. The girls all sat at Kate's little table and had a tea party. We stayed way past Alex's nap time because she was having such a great time!
As we go to more activities, it really hits me we are in a small town. We are in gymnastics with a friend from our school year Friday play group. We see several moms and kids from our gymnastic class at the library for story time on Wednesday, and then even more moms from story time and gymnastics at music class on Thursday. Then there are other moms I see all over town running errands, at Barnes and Noble, Chick-fil-a or a the mall play area. Then we see at least one mom/kid from swim lessons at each activity. As summer is coming to and end, I am sad because some of my mommy friends are teachers so they will be going back to school and most of the other kids are starting MDO. I guess it's time for me to branch out and meet more moms with kids who aren't in MDO. I'm just not ready for Alex to start this year. I plan on her starting next Fall when she is 3!

Alex and Kate











Mia, Alex and Bethanny
Alex, Bethanny and Kate

No comments: