We had another shower this last weekend. I can not believe what a great family and friends we have. I don't think Alex will be wearing the same thing twice for quite some time. We, or should I say she, received so much stuff! I am so glad to be having a little girl because little girl clothes are just so cute and sweet. I have spent the last 2 afternoon/evenings sorting through all the gifts. Her room which has been the cleaning in the house is now the messiest. There are clothes, blankets, bags, toys and all sorts of other thing scattered everywhere. My goal tonight is to get as much as I can in order. I took a little break from doing our laundry to start washing her stuff. I do have to admit, I HATE laundry, but for some reason, washing and hanging baby clothes doesn't bother me. Again, maybe because it is so freaking cute! If Josh's clothes were half as cute as Alex's maybe I wouldn't mind washing his stuff more often! :)
So back to the shower. I don't have any pics, but once I get them I'll post them. The decorations turned out amazing. My sister, along with Laith and the kids, all pitched in to make everything. She mailed it from California since she wasn't able to come to the shower. It turned out beautiful. I am still amazed at all the work they put into it. She made the most adorable canvas letters spelling out Alexandra Rae, which I have to find a way to use them in the nursery. She also made the cutest topiaries that look perfect in her room! Well, they will look perfect once I figure out where in her room I am going to put them. Right now they are by the windows and they look pretty cute, so they may stay there. My Aunt Pam, cousin Mallory and my Mom busted their butts to set up everything for the shower. The food was soo good! I couldn't stop eating. Once everyone left, I ate some more! The cake and petit fours were so cute and tasty! I know I say cute all the time, I think it is Josh rubbing off on me, he can't see something for Alex without using the word cute to describe it. Overall, the shower was a hit!
I had another doctors appointment on Monday. Everything is still looking good. Her heart rate was around 145 and my belly is measuring about 34.5 weeks, almost 35. My next appointment is 2 weeks from tomorrow, then I start going weekly. I can't believe Alex will be here in less than 6 weeks. I know I always say it, but the time is flying by!
I can actually say for the first time, I am ready for her to come, not only because I want to meet her, but my whole body aches most days. If I sit too long, I need help getting up and I am so restless when I sleep. Her favorite "beat up Mommy" time is at night. Last night we were in bed and I was just laying there watching my belly. I swear, it looked like she was trying to kick her way out of my side. Josh said it reminded him of Aliens. She was kicking so much I could hold my hand about an inch from my side and she would kick it. Yea, the kicks were cute at first, but then they just got painful. If I get up at night to pee, which I do once or twice every night, she starts kicking me when I lay back down. This little girl better not be a night owl.
We are heading to Josh's parents lake house Thursday evening and spending 2 night there, then going to see my parents on Saturday and heading home Sunday. I am excited to see everyone again, especially since this is my last official weekend I can travel. My doctor recommended no traveling after 35 weeks so this is my last hurrah! After this, we are home bound until she arrives, then I'm sure for quite a while after she gets here.
Well, the dryer is beeping, I better get back to all those cute clothes!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment