This weekend was great. We relaxed most the majority of the time. Alex let us sleep in on Saturday. She fell asleep around 10:30 on Friday night and slept until 6:30, then went back to sleep until about 10! I could not believe it! (She made up for it by staying awake most of the afternoon and evening!) One of Josh's friends, Patrick, came down to visit Saturday night. He has a Ducatti and loves taking day trips so he rode down Saturday, got here in time for us to go out for barbecue, then headed out Sunday after breakfast. Sunday we relaxed again! We went to the James' for a yummy dinner of bratwurst! Abby was awake when we got there and actually stayed awake more than she slept. While we were eating dinner, Alex was in the swing and Abby was napping on her Boppy lounger then Alex started getting fussy, then Abby started getting fussy. They both looked surprised to hear another baby crying. Alex kinda looked around to see where it was coming from, then they started fussing back and forth. I was the only one who thought it was cute, which I guess is a good thing since I'll be watching them both starting in 2 or 3 weeks!
Our weekend was pretty uneventful...except for a trip to Wal Mart. Let me start out by saying Josh hates going to Wal Mart, but we needed 3 random things and knew they would have all 3 so we decided to go. I was coming down an aisle and turned onto the center aisle and a lady with her kid, who was maybe 3, was stopped in the middle of the aisle. So I patiently waited behind her to keep going. She decided to back up, right into Alex's stroller and had the nerve to turn around and say, "You could have told me you were behind me." To which I replied, "You could have not stopped in the center of the aisle." I went around her and she called after me saying, "Well, you're just a rude little bitch." I kept walking and Josh turned around and said, "You do not talk to my wife like that." (he was so cute sticking up for me!) She replied, "Well I'll talk to you like that." Josh said fine, talk to me like that, just don't talk to my wife like that. Anyway, the whole thing got me thinking. 1. What kind of example was that lady setting for her son. I mean, he was old enough to understand what she was saying, but she didn't seem to care. 2. What am I going to teach Alex to do when she is confronted by someone like that. Just walk away to stand up for herself? I'm not talking about fighting, because if she is anything like me, I'm sure she will be kinda wimpy. I don't know, I guess I have some time to think about it.
We (being Alex, Cooper and myself) are very sad. Josh is going to Las Vegas on Friday and taking his 3 managers. We haven't been to Vegas since last year, about 2 weeks after we found out I was pregnant. He is leaving Friday morning and coming back Monday night. I know he is going to have so much fun, but I am a tiny bit jealous I can't go. I mean, he gets to eat at Fat Burger and he is staying at the Rio, which I love! I decided we are going to visit Nomi and Popi so we aren't home alone. I am so excited about it. It is Alex's first trip to their house. My Aunt Pam and Uncle Jaime will be there too, so I'll have lots of helpers! We are heading to First Monday on Saturday since the weather is supposed to be nice, then Mom and Aunt Pam are scrap booking the rest of the time. I may use this as time to work on Alex's announcements. I'm horrible, she is almost 3 months old and I haven't sent them out yet. Oh well, better late than never!
Alex is smiling so much now! She will break out a huge smile anytime she sees us or if we talk to her. She is also a little obsessed with a yellow and red Sassy lion we have on her swing. She will stare at it then just start smiling at it. Then she make a little chuckle/laughing noise. I don't get what is so amusing about it, but she sure loves it! I'm grateful it keeps her occupied while we eat dinner! (oh, the picutre above was taken while Josh was singing and hopping around, Alex found him pretty darn entertaining!)

No comments:
Post a Comment