We had such a great weekend, but we are so glad to be home! Two trips to Dallas in one week is too much! I had such a great time at Amy's shower. She is so freaking cute! Seeing her and the other 3 pregnant ladies make me miss being pregnant.
We went to see Ito and Ita Saturday night after a yummy dinner at Buca with Terri and Ray. For as long as I can remember, my Grandpa (Ito) has called me Sunshine. He now calls Alex Little Sunshine. The picture above is Ito and his Sunshines! I love it! I love seeing my grandparents with Alex. They love her so much. Ita can calm Alex down like no one else.
This afternoon, Alex got to meet the Stafin side of the family; Gram, Uncle Ray, Aunt Tiffany, Uncle Jay, Aunt Tina and the cousins, Little Ray, Sabrina, Dilan and Sam. Sam is the closest to Alex in age, he is two. He is all boy and such a cutie! It felt like the drive home took FOREVER. I think it is because it was still light when we started and dark by the time we got home. Was I ever ready to get out of the car! It didn't help that around Waco, Alex started getting fussy so we stopped so I could feed her and she decided the car seat was not her friend. She pretty much fussed off and on the rest of the way home.
We are home now, relaxing. Cooper has taken residence on his couch and Alex has claimed her spot on her Daddy. On a bad note, Alex is pretty much refusing bottles from anyone. We tried 2 different bottles this evening and she took maybe half an ounce (but I think most of that ended up on the burp cloth). I guess I need to start trying different bottles to see if we can find one she likes. She used to have no problem taking the Dr. Browns, but now she decided she isn't a fan of them. I had a little talk with her telling her she needs to start taking a bottle, because if she doesn't she will never be able to spend a day away from me. We'll see if that little pep talk worked. I guess until she starts taking a bottle again I need to freeze smaller bags of milk...I am not going to spend my time pumping if she is just going to refuse the bottle. I hate seeing my pumped milk going down the drain!
Well the Cowboys game is almost over so we are heading to bed. Night night!

1 comment:
So adorable! Yeah on the sleeping through the night. She must have been TIRED!
Post a Comment