Sorry it's been so long since I have updated the blog. I was having problems logging in for some reason.
Anyway, Christmas (#1) started on Christmas Eve morning at our house. Since we were heading to Dallas that afternoon we wanted to have our Christmas at home before we left instead of taking the gifts with us. Josh and I got up early on Wednesday, made coffee and opened our presents from each other. We decided to let Alex sleep since she really doesn't know what is going on just yet. My sweet, amazing husband did great this Christmas. I got a KitchenAid Professional series stand mixer that I have been wanting FOREVER! I was so excited and surprised! Then he handed me a flat box that I just knew had jewelry in it. I opened it and saw a necklace and matching earrings. I just kinda looked at it and said thanks, I love it. I was really thinking, does my husband even know me?!?! It was nothing I would ever wear but I felt so bad because he looked so proud. I just sat there acting like I really liked it. He was doing something behind his back but I couldn't figure out what it was then he finally just took the box away from me and pulled the necklace and earrings out and there was my real gift! He got me an iPhone! He was trying to call it so it would ring but it wasn't getting a signal so it wouldn't ring. I was so excited to get the phone but I was even more excited I didn't have to act like I liked the necklace and earrings anymore! I mean, it really was ugly. I actually think it is plastic! He said he actually looked for the ugliest thing he could find!
That afternoon we loaded up the car and headed to Dallas. I have spent every Christmas Eve of my life at my Grandma's house with my entire family and this Christmas Josh thought he was going to have to work all day on Christmas Eve so we told my Grandma we were not going to be able to make it. We told her in November and I could tell she was upset we wouldn't be there. When we left her house Josh said he would plan on working half a day so we could drive up and spend Christmas Eve (#2) with her. I was so excited! I decided not to tell her so we showed up at her house on Christmas Eve to surprise her. It was great! We had a great time visiting with the family. My Grandma was so happy to see us!
We spent the night with Josh parents and woke up Christmas morning and had Christmas #3. Cooper didn't waste any time with his presents. He took his wrapped bone and within 5 minutes he had half of the paper and wrapper off and was chewing away!
Alex was not very interested in her gifts. She was more interested in trying to get the tissue paper in her mouth!
She got to debut her Christmas jammies with the Santa baby pockets!
We spent the morning relaxing. That afternoon we went to Grandma Mary and Grandpa Buddy's for Christmas #3. Alex LOVES them! She just smiled and laughed the whole time we were there.
Friday we met Shannon for lunch. I miss her so much, it was great to see her! We relaxed again Friday night. Saturday afternoon/evening we did some shopping while Alex stayed with Terri and Ray, then we went to dinner. It was nice to have a little baby break! Now it's Sunday and we are back in College Station for a few days. We are heading to Mineola to see Nomi and Popi on Wednesday. We are doing Christmas (#4) with them that evening. We'll hang out there until Saturday, then we are heading back to Dallas. We are having Christmas with Josh's brothers/wives/kids (yes, #5) on Saturday afternoon. Wow, 5 Christmases. It seems crazy doesn't it?
In the last few days Alex has mastered rolling...and rolling and rolling. She will roll onto her tummy (she prefers to roll to her left) then will roll again into her back then just keep going. We were unpacking just a while ago and I looked at Alex and she had rolled from her blanket onto the rug and under the coffee table. She was just hanging out looking proud of herself. She is also able to sit unassisted for about 15 seconds at a time. She doesn't even put her hands down for balance.
Here are a few cute pictures of Alex and Grandpa! She LOVES sitting on his shoulders. It is so funny because after a while she bends over and kinda gums his head!

2 comments:
i LOVE HER EXPRESSIONS, KINDA LIKE, YES, I KNOW I'M A PRINCESS! CAN I SAY ENOUGH THAT SHE'S A DOLL!!?
nomi
SO precious! Glad you had a great time and can't believe Alex is growing up so fast! You have a cutie on your hands for sure. :0)
Post a Comment