Monday, March 9, 2009

8 Months Old!!!

My precious little girl is 8 months old today! I know most moms say it, but she really is the best baby ever. She is very laid back and calm. She is loving her new found independence. She is all over the place. Last night we were in her room lowering her crib and she decided to explore. She went into her closet, behind the glider and was on her way to the bathroom! She is sitting up like a champ now! She still prefers to be on her belly so she can move around. Taking her monthly picture is getting harder and harder because the wiggle worm can not sit still or stay in one place! The dress she is wearing in these pics is one of my favorites! It is the first thing I bought when we found out we were having a girl!

We won't have her next doctors appointment until 9 months, but according to my super sophisticated weighing method (get on the scale without her, then get on the scale with her) she is about 17.5lbs and about 28ish inches long. We are quickly approaching the 30 inch mark, which means she is getting close to outgrowing her car seat! I've picked out her next car seat, but it doesn't come out until later this month, so we can't buy it yet! Today, we are starting 3 meals a day. We are also going from 4 - 8 ounce bottles a day to 4 - 6 ounce. She rarely finishes an 8 ounce bottle anymore so we are dropping back to 6 ounces.
I almost forgot our big news! Alex is saying da da! She doesn't know who da da is, but she says it all the time! If you say it, she will repeat it back (most of the time). It is great because I can now tell Josh when she is talking to herself in the morning, she is calling for her da da!!




3 comments:

Erika said...

I LOVE the dress & she looks adorable in it too!!!

Amy L said...

Awww! Such a big girl now! It is flying by!

Anonymous said...

my punkin is such a doll!!! love the dress!!!!
nomi